Today is our Superstar Rajinikanth’s birthday. Wouldn’t it be great to read ten interesting things about him on this day?
* Rajini was a fan of K Balachandar even before he joined the film institute. It happened so that his favourite director himself introduced the Superstar to filmdom.
* When Rajini was Shivajirao Gaikwad, he was given three options for name change before stepping into films. They were Chandrakanth, Srikanth and Rajinikanth. Need we say which one did he select?
* Rajini has been sponsoring lunch for a home for destitute persons run by choreographer-actor Larencce Raghavendra.
* The Superstar is building a memorial for his parents at his native village near Krishnagiri. He had also funded for a bus stop where free purified drinking water is being given to commuters and common public.
* Even Japanese films struggle to run beyond 150 days. But Rajini’s ‘Muthu’ has surpassed it.
* Rajini has plans to construct a free multi-speciality hospital and school near Chennai to help the needy, circles close to him say.
* ‘Billa’ is the first film for the Superstar to don a dual role
* When ‘Nizhal Nijamanadhu’ was remade in Telugu, Rajini enacted the role played by Kamal Haasan in the original version.
* The Superstar is a bookworm. He has in-depth knowledge in politics, spiritualism, culture and science thanks to the habit.
* Rajini had recently built an Ashram near Chengalpet. This has become his favourite retreat of late. Sources say the Superstar would meditate for hours inside the Ashram.